Thursday, February 2, 2012

I wish I was thinner!

"I wish I was thinner!"  "I wish I could fit into size 7 jeans!"  "I wish I could be attractive like celebrities!"

These , among others, are things that ran through my mind as I gained weight this past year. Celebrities are constantly being pictured coming out of the gym. It's when I realized they work their butts off to look the way they do. I'm sure some of them get a little help here and there (and to be honest I would too if I could afford it!) but for the most part they work to keep their bodies looking good.

I still want these things and I haven't stopped thinking about them; but instead of sitting around wishing to be fit I've actually started working for it.  When was the last time anyone lost any weight sitting around and eating like a fatty? 

I saw this quote the other day and it's one of the quotes I think about whenever I feel like giving up:

"You don't always get what you wish for. You get what you work for."

And it's true. I gained this weight all by myself by making these bad choices; I have to work to get rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment